ExamineRx Data Engineer
Initium Health is seeking a Data Engineer to join our growing team of analytics experts. This position will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our ExamineRX product and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow for Initium Health proprietary products. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building products from the ground up. The Data Engineer will support our client requests, software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing Initium Health projects. This person must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
Responsibilities for Data Engineer
Maintain the ExamineRX Product, optimize use, aggregate data, support dashboard development.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional and non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements, e.g., automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with stakeholders including Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Keep our data separated and secure across national boundaries through multiple data centers and AWS regions.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
Data Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree and or comparable experience with a supported portfolio of experience.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Experience building processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- We are looking for a candidate with 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role, who has attained a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field. They should also have experience using the following software/tools:
- Experience with Azure, and big data tools.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools:
- Experience with AWS cloud services.
- Experience with stream-processing systems.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.